Sunday, October 5, 2008

October fun

10/3/08

This has been a good week a far as training is concerned. Monday was a good class. I actually had decent enegy levels. It seems to be a good idea to eat before I workout. I know, your thinking "What a concept" but when I was younger it seemed that I could work out better on an empty stomach or at least it seemed I always was working out that way. I recall I read that in a Muscle and Fitness magizine and since I was moderately still under the illusion I had the genetics to be a body builder, it seemed to make since at the time. I also recall dreaming I won the Mr. Olympia contest by posing only to the left..... I was 19 so cut me some slack :)

To be honest I have always tried to eat something before a workout but due to work or some other excuse I rarely did.

I have been using the elliptical more this week and my goal is to get up to 5 days a week. On my long work days I want to at least be on there for 10 minutes and when I have more time the "long run will be 20 working up to 45 minutes to an hour. Running with an IPOD makes the run more enjoyable.

On Wednesday I went to Roger Thompson's class. He is an 8th Degree in the organization and Rodney's brother. He is also a certified Kali instructor In working with Roger and training more in depth in Kali and what you can do in the system, it is a world of difference. It is like being led into a dark cathedral and someone turning on the lights.

I also went to the Park to work on the Katas. It was a great day the the geese were in rare form swarming anyone that may have food. I worked primarily on Hwa-Rang, the Brown Belt Kata. I also worked on Choong Moo my High Brown Kata. I feel that I have the movements commited to memory. Now I need to engrain muscle memory.


Tonight is another Kali night. It is going to be a blast.

I need to get my notebook information on Kali as well
video 2 handed drills
video Katas and one steps
video sparring matches

No comments: